Thursday, 24 January 2013

White Magic?

Once again, the Malignant Washing Machine Fairy ensured that I failed to remove a Kleenex tissue from some obscure pocket in either my jeans, or my navy blue, fleece backed trews. As a result, the latter have emerged with a bad case of White Measles, while the denim jeans have sundry white pimples, but to a lesser degree.



I've decided to wait for both pairs of Kleenex adorned trousers to dry, in the vain hope that paper pieces will adhere with less determination. If I didn't know better, I'd say that Fairy was a follower of the black arts, but on reflection, I've chosen to assume she is an advocate of White Magic, instead, for obvious reasons...

P.S. Don't you think this looks like a night sky with assorted snow flakes? LOL

14 comments:

  1. Oh Jinksy - I have done it myself no end of times and it is so annoying - best if it is a very windy day - then you can peg them out and the wind will do the job for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! No chance of help from the winds here - too much drizzly damp around to hang things in the open air. I shall use a stiff brush, then vacuum the results off the carpet!

      Delete
  2. It's a common occurrence in this household - also we have been known to wash five pound notes, cash and even my hearing aid which, surprise, surprise still worked when it was dried out LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll award you the gold medal for 'Odd Wash non-disasters!' Eddie - unless some other Blogpal can tell us an even luckier near mishap story?

      Delete
  3. Every now and then, I seem to overlook a kleenex, and SHE is not amused at the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So probably neither are you after the ubiquitous SHE has spoken?! LOL.

      Delete
  4. It seems I am cast as the malignant fairy when that happens in this house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I have no other person around to be my fairy - malignant or otherwise. :)

      Delete
  5. Ugh.. did that just the other day. I'm still finding pieces here and there. It does indeed look like a night sky. Tissue Twilight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And my theory of "easier to remove when dry" was a no-no! Every perishing piece still had to be attacked individually. Hehehe!

      Delete
  6. Or assorted galaxies? The solution to the shredded and washed Kleenex is simple. When dry, the tissue is flammable and can be burned off the fabric with a powerful blowtorch. Schimples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With advice like that Doc, you might have Blogland health and safety bods after your tail! :)

      Delete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...