Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Snowmen? Nah...

If you pop over here today, you will see what spurred me on to grab my camera, and take a picture of these measuring cups, which are cleverly disguised as Russian Dolls.

They were a Christmas present from my daughter, but thanks to the appalling weather and various winter bugs which bugged the family, they didn't reach me until February, but hey, who's counting? A prezzie is a prezzie at any time of the year!

And on that subject, the black background with lime green swirls in this photo, is none other than a posh box in which a luxurious M&S bath towel arrived at my door - but for a birthday present. So you see how I'm sticking to the subject in a round about kind of way...

Often the careful wrapping of gifts gives us but a momentary appreciation of the giver's thoughtfulness, and is consigned to a re-cycle bin with no more ado... But here, posh box is recorded for posterity, and will be hoarded until I find a better use for it than feeding a Green Bin.

Of course, some gifts come with no more than a sheet of cellophane around them - like these pretty freesias which accompanied a box of chocolates which we all enjoyed on Saturday, when my kids and grandkids came for the day.

And now I can share their beauty, thanks to a nudge from Doctor FTSE's son-in-law, a natty wee camera and the magic of the internet. The picture is a little gift to delight the eyes of all blogpals, old and new, who may happen across this post. Have a good day, folks!

Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh! I have just been informed by Blogger that this is post number 666! Should I be worried? LOL

11 comments:

  1. Yes, you should definitely be worried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be afraid......very afraid!

    Loved your gifts!
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  3. 666? I just left a site where they had just entered their 333rd...

    And all of it superstitious nonsense. :-)

    Freesia. Mmmm. Smells like spring...

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't need to worry if you can just survive the day. I would hurry and post 667 as soon as possible. The measuring cups look so neat and would be fun to use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birthday present, eh? Many happy returns of the day, Ms. Jinksy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't worry about 666 unless I found it tattooed on my scalp. And I endorse the birthday greetings, Penelope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No do not worry! I love all your beautiful gifts! My daughter has Red Nesting dolls...these are so cute :D

    Happy Birthday Penny
    @>--------------

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful gift ... and 666, wow, u should post the next one soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great gifts, great post. And of course a prezzie is ALWAYS a prezzie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hold on a second! You had a birthday? And refer to it obliquely in a post about Russian dolls and chocolates and flowers? HAPPY BIRTHDAY, for crying out loud!

    And as for "Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh! I have just been informed by Blogger that this is post number 666! Should I be worried? LOL ", you needn't as long as you keep blogging. I am up to 1141 posts already. 666 is just a number. You just wouldn't want a tattoo that incorporates it. Would you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. well, happy belated birthday....I love the nesting dolls...they are a treasure, aren't they? And you are right, a prezzie is a prezzie any time for any reason!
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...