Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Whew!

A poem a day may not keep the doctor away, but it has kept many Bloglanders out of mischief this month, as they celebrated National Poetry Month. Wonder who invented that? Aptly enough, the kick off started on April Fool's Day, and today sees the close with the thirtieth offering - for those who kept going, that is - like me! Hehehe!

I may have missed the beginning, but have more than fulfilled the required thirty offerings since then... as a quick scroll down Alias Jinksy would soon prove, if you doubted my word.

I did, however, treat the whole thing in a lighthearted vein - unlike those experienced or perfectionist poets who dazzled us with their acumen, although with varying degrees of poetic proficiency. The crux of the matter comes down to the question "What is a poem?"And to that, will come as many answers as there are people who reply.

But who could deny the poetic beauty of this photo which a green fingered Blogpal sent me last week?



5 comments:

  1. Cherry blossom, I think (not the shoe polish) It's lovely to see but late this year. Well done on completing the Poetry challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I passed on the challenge this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hail to thee, blithe spirit! Bird thou never wert...

    A poem a day, eh?

    An apple a day keeps the doctor away. An onion a day keeps everyone away. A poem a day...who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tis a beauty of a show,
    and your words do flow,
    From your Tongues tip,
    They certainly do trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exceptionally beautiful photo and superb quality. Makes you feel Spring has finally sprung!
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...