Friday, 9 August 2013

One thing always leads to another...

And the little jackets in my last post had No. 1 daughter wishing for a similar garment for herself, as soon as she saw those tiny versions.

After scouring the web, Sirdar patterns provided this delightful variation on a theme, but then, daughter's request was for a black one. Help! My old eyeballs quaked at the thought, but as it happens, the yarn is not causing too many problems - at least, under a good 'daylight' lamp.

But heavens to Murgatroyd! What is up with the Sirdar Pattern Department - or the printers thereof? Once again, I'm having to scribble copious notes regarding questionable figures given for the various sizes. Thank goodness for my inbuilt sense of pattern combined with common sense which has averted disasters...

But I pity any novice crochet person who attempts to slavishly follow the directions as they are printed, for I fear they would experience 'many a slip twixt cup and lip', as the saying goes.

That said, doesn't it look delightful in their leaflet's photograph?  I wonder how long it will be before granddaughters start wanting one each? Hehehe! Don't you think I chose an appropriate title for this post? :)

9 comments:

  1. It looks lovely - but I wouldn't dare start making it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to leave comments for weeks...ever since our server turned us over to google for mail my blog works have been screwed...I could leave comment on some and not on others...called today to speak to the genius who turned us over to satan and this very smart young woman walked me through the corrections...so glad to be able to say I couldn't crochet my way out of a paper bag, lol but glad that some of you talented ladies are out there to carry on
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Google + will find that more people (like me!) choose not to join in with it's 'circles', so many blogs' comment boxes will remain 'no go' areas - sad, but true. Well done for finding your way here to leave this one in mine, Sandi, but it looks like yours will be out of bounds to me.♥

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. that made me laugh out loud :-)

      Delete
  4. Like the 10green bottles, 1 goes and the rest follow, lol Great post = and sayings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented, Jinksy.
    I love to crochet, too, but I am not nearly as gifted as you are!!!
    I hope that you are doing well. Sending you a smile to let you know that I am thinking of you.
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty indeed.
    Luckily I've given up crocheting before I even started.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am a keen crocheter (is there such a word) but find crochet patterns very hard to follow. As with knitting patterns, there are often mistakes hidden deep within those instructions.

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...