Thursday, 10 October 2013

And the answer is...

192 squares, total area approximately 54" x  72". What was the question? See the previous post!

For the curious, I've taken a photo of the yarn left after I reached the cut off point - i.e. when one or more of the colours had so little remaining, I couldn't make even one more square which included it, let alone another complete row to add to the width or length.

I had 200g of the white and turquoise, as opposed to only 100g of the other eleven colours, and as you see, the olive and bluebell yarns are now tiny balls the size of a large marbles...

I think I must have lost my marbles to embark on such a haphazard project which was fuelled mostly by curiosity, pure and simple, if I'm honest.

After buying the yarn, I wanted to know how big a blanket I could make with it. Now I know! Hahaha!



And this is what it looks like spread out on a King Size bed, just to give you an idea of the size... But today, it's given me another idea, and I may split it into two, to create snuggle rugs for two small persons, instead... I'm so good at creating more work for myself!  :)

9 comments:

  1. It's wonderful and colorful ... ready to be split! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you've no idea how much I love these kinds of things!

    Every year, I swear I'm going to sit down -- now that winter approacheth -- and just crochet myself silly. Minnesota is a wonderful state for those kinds of projects.

    I'm telling you! This might be the year!!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Not quite big enough for the king size bed, but great for a couple of snuggling throws.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely just lovely...I work on the line of scarves and shawls....shame on me...
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a superb creation - looks and is wonderful. Eddie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the email message, Pen.
    Something very sad on my latest post when you get a chance. Bring a big box of tissues.
    Hugs ~ Eddie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very beautiful!!
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I did something similar not so long ago and it's used as a snuggle rug on cold days.
    Have you thought about doing a border all round the coloured main block, so that it would fit the bed round the sides? You could match the colours?
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great.. love the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...