Thursday, 24 April 2014

Come into my garden...

...But only if you bring your secateurs and several sacks to collect the ensuing debris!
This was more or less my plea to the wonderful lady gardener a friend introduced me to last year. Considering most of the space outside my patio door is covered in hideous concrete slabs, Nature has managed to produce an overabundance of green stuff in the few remaining patches of earth, with only a minimal input from me.

A couple of weekends ago, the hard working, Green Fingered Goddess came to my rescue again, and order has been restored.
You can see, almost dead centre, a solar powered 'dragonfly- on-a-stick' who is somewhat lacklustre, by daylight. But come the dusk, his ever-changing colours glitter with glee, and he becomes a thing of beauty - until his solar energy runs out.

And it made me think; all living creatures need to recharge their batteries in some way or another - either in sleep, or by slowing their metabolism down during certain periods of their lives. And in order to do this, sustenance is a pre- requisite.

So artists, writers and poets need to feed on 'experiences' and undergo 'hibernation' of a sort, before they can utilise their creative 'light' to brighten corners of our world. Long may they shine.

13 comments:

  1. Potted plants can help so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snag, come summertime, is that plant pots need watering, and I don't have a tap anywhere near the back of the house...

      Delete
  2. Very attractive "concrete slabs." Your Green Fingered Goddess does lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure does - I know people as far away as Scotland who'd like a replica!

      Delete
  3. So true.

    Wanna come to MY (messy) garden? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mess is best in my book - regimented gardens are not for me. :-)

      Delete
  4. So THAT is why I continually feel the need to hibernate!! For my creativity! Well now that will be my excuse.
    I could do with a Green Fingered Goddess here!! Can she vlone herself?
    Hugs ~ Eddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops wrong email - That's better!

      Delete
    2. That was a clever trick- changing from a big 'B' into Eddie Bluelights. LOL

      Delete
    3. I use two email accounts. Bib B is not attched to my blog so if someone clicks on it and wants to comment they are left in limbo in cyberspace for ever!! LOL. So if I see I have goofed I quickly send my active address so they can comment . . . . . . . . but, sob sob . . . . they don't always do so!! Forgive me while I have a little cry! LOL

      Delete
  5. The Mrs. is the superhero gardener who comes to the rescue here. I am just the unskilled laborer who is given orders to chop here or mow there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't turn my nose up at an unskilled labourer - I might enjoy being a boss! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have one of those dragonflies but it's only white light. I love him!
    I don't mind doing a bit of pruning but you'll have to clear up after me - I'm a scruffy gardener.

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...