Sunday, 27 April 2014

If Only

If only Blogger would re-instate the little banner across the top of it's pages which used to give us a quick link for a new post. Now, we have to go hunting for the option by first visiting the Dashboard. Has no body else seen fit to mourn the passing of the earlier layout?
For some reason it still appears if I use Google Chrome to open my blog, but I prefer Mozilla Firefox. No accounting for taste, I suppose. I wonder if others amongst you have wished the 'new post' option was left in the 'old' layout?

But apart from that, the morning has escaped me as I've been flitting around blogland drinking in creative juices from the prolific writers whose names catch my attention as I wander its highways and byways. I've missed days doing just that, following my nose and absorbing thoughts which leap from the screen's words and pictures that others have posted.

I think I have become too punch drunk on their creativity to let my own take flight today, but who knows what tomorrow may bring?


12 comments:

  1. Blogger is far from perfect and is far from #1 of Google's priority list. But it works and it's free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Chrome so still have the 'new post' thing - anyway I'm too used to blogger to change ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may well decide to do the same and 'go Chrome' !

      Delete
  3. Blogger is always changing things and now I see word verification has changed from numbers (which were easy to read...... to words all rolled in together, which aren't).
    Hey Ho!
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish everybody would opt to switch it off! It's not compulsory, and I've not found it doesn't 'do' anything anyway - except cause hassle. I'd had mine O.F.F. almost since the beginning of time!

      Delete
  4. I use mozilla and I still have the banner, so it must be a setting in your dashboard somewhere. Let me investigate and see if I can find out where it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On Goggle Chrome, the banner is there, but on Mozilla Firefox it still isn't. Curiouser and curiouser!

      Delete
  5. OK.... so if you go into your dashboard and pull down the little triangle on the right of the title (between the page icon and the 'view blog' button). Choose 'layout' from the menu it offers. You need to have an option that says 'navbar'. You might have to use the 'add a gadget' button if it isn't there. But it's more likely that you've switched it off. Click 'edit' on the navbar button and check your options. 'Off' is at bottom. If that's ticked, just pick a colour from the list you should be able to see!
    Don't forget to hit 'save'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Informative, but I have 'been there done that' many times, with no effect so far, and the Bogger 'fix it' note I found today with html instructions had no effect, either, as they may have well been speaking double Dutch! LOL. Oh, well - looks like I have to be Chromed if I want a quick link back. :-)

      Delete
  6. Ah. No idea then. I'm not fond of Chrome - but it does solve a few problems. I use it for specifics at work. I have one interface that simply won't talk to Explorer or any form of Mozilla. No idea why.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are to be envied !
    I can't post anymore , since I don't seem to be allowed to see my Dashboard at all .... mind you , I still have the New Blog thing . Puzzling ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried different browsers? I had problems with printing My Hermes Returns label yesterday with Mozilla, but they worked fine today using Chrome!
      Maybe you could set up a completely new blog design to post on? :-)

      Delete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...