Wednesday, 23 April 2014

The Wonder of Wednesday...

...is that it's neither here not there. It's past the insistence of Monday which drives people back to work, and it's still too far away from the weekend for them to heave a sigh of relief. Which means it's in a kind of never land, which suits me fine, as I have a penchant for imaginary things, even in dreams.

Just before I woke up, Dreamland had me primping, as I tried to get ready to sing in concert in the Dreamtown hall. Not difficult to see how my Barbershopping days floated to the surface here.

But then pure fantasy took over. 'I'd like to buy you a present' said a friend, as they steered me into a gift shop.'Choose anything you like'.
'Do you have any ornate, brass trays?' I found myself asking an assistant.

My morning self thinks 'Why on earth would I want one of those, having been happy to give away the beautifully inscribed one of Indian origin which had belonged to my parents?'

I can see shelves and cabinets full of curios all about me, in this bijou shop with the air of a museum, but no trays. Thank goodness.  Then, high up on one stand, a hand materializes, and passes me a brass object which I can only describe as a flattened, Russian-doll-aping chalice, filigree and emblazoned with a cross, within whose elliptical innards nestled many miniature versions of itself.

I think Easter and Lolamouse's challenge had overtaken my subconscious for the night! LOL. Pity me.

But on the subject of filigree, I think my latest crochet bedspread oeuvre is a contender...


12 comments:

  1. Weird things, dreams. But that's the point, I guess. I've stopped trying to interpret mine. And I'd never dare tell a psychiatrist. They'd lock me up!

    In my case, Wednesday is 'back to work' day, because I took a longer-than-usual easter break. at least that means I get another weekend in three days time.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rather thought dreams were the safety valve, that kept the padded cell and the little men in white coats at bay! LOL

      Delete
  2. That piece of crochet is a magnificent achievement. You are so clever.

    Dreams are weird.
    I woke up after a dream recently quite disappointed because in the dream I'd found a missing earring that I was quite attached to. Only it was just a dream! No sign of the earring.
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame - but if it was one for pierced ears, those little clips they sometimes have at the back must be for ever susceptible to working loose as clothes are put on or taken off. I'm too much of an OCD freak to have my ears pierced, in case the holes didn't match positions and align exactly with each other. *smiles* How's that for madness?

      Delete
  3. Beautiful work, almost too lovely to use. But, to drape across a sofa, Oh Yes.
    As for dreams, I've almost quit recalling mine. I know I have them, but the flit away with morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely destined for a teenagers bed, but my settee was handy for a quick photoshoot :-)

      Delete
  4. So sorry if my odd photos irked your unconscious! Some of them were quite unsettling! I love trying to figure out where my dreams come from. Your crochet bedspread is gorgeous! I keep meaning to ask my mom to teach how to crochet, and now you've inspired me (again!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your odd photos - they reminded me of my ever stuffed-full mind! LOL

      Delete
  5. Lovely filigree crochet, Jinksy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talented writer and talented at crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work with the crochet. My weird dreams usually involve me being back in college and showing up to take a test that I forgot to study for--I like yours better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmm, who can explain what our dreamself thinks, wants and does... part of the pleasure of dreaming i guess.

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...