Wednesday, 19 September 2012

And In The Daytime

One tiny blue star from my nighttime photo in the previous post, comes into its own, against the dappled foliage. While the sun shone, I took my new camera outside, to see how the screen visibility fared in the bright light, and I must say, I was impressed.

 As luck would have it, an obliging butterfly
flittered to rest on the shrub, long enough for me to click the shutter. There have been far fewer around this year than last, so I was pleased this one was not camera shy today.

I couldn't blame his friends from staying away from my garden, which has had containers devoid of any blooming plants all summer - and the word blooming may be read as an expletive, as well as a horticultural expression! Extremes of sun and rain made my paved sun trap an inhospitable place for pot plants, although the few shrubs with their feet firmly planted in the soil have battled on bravely to create a symphony in shades of green, for which I have been extremely thankful. Mother Nature is such a great gardener when left to her own devices!

8 comments:

  1. It is a wonderful shot of the butterfly. We had very few butterflies this year also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is that blue flower? It's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you captured the light in these images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. :-)

    Let's go sit outside...

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a pretty shrub. I have one too but I can't remember the exact name. It begins with *S* and is a difficult to pronounce one.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing how most plants manage to come back after bad weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. plants know what's best for them... mother nature's cool that way. hope next summer treats your potted one's better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that blue 'star' Jinksy - vinca I think. As for an obliging butterfly - they never seem to settle long enough for me to get a photo of them.

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...