Thursday, 10 May 2012

This May Explain...

Why Napple has not been making many notes, recently. After all the Woolly Mammoths (?) crochet projects I've worked on this year, I had such a great assortment of left over bits, that I decided to launch into creating myself a 'coat of many colours' - well, a poncho, anyway.

Having completed 80 motifs, it was decision time as to which to join to what, colourwise. I laid them out in a poncho shape on my carpet, then row by row, picked them up to edge with white and join together. Here's the proof of the pudding. Sorry, poncho.

There was a snag at this point. I had to buy more white yarn, as I knew the 100g  I already had wouldn't be enough...and the snag? I bought a ginormous, 500g ball. This means the remnants of it are sitting looking forlorn. How long will I be able to resist it's unspoken plea for a crochet hook to spin its dreams into reality? Will I never learn?And will I ever reach the bottom of my yarn stash? Perhaps I should keep it under lock and key, out of sight and hopefully, out of mind. For a while, at least!
The luscious fringe, by the way, took the best part of a whole day and a half to cut and tie, so I thought it deserved a photo all its own...
And my next blog post, I promise, will be a yarn far removed from this kind!

14 comments:

  1. I love it. The fringe is great and it was well worth getting the extra wool.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could you not want to hug the wearer of this beautiful, soft poncho?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours ... and such patience !
    Now we need a photo of you twirling in it .

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really pretty Jinksy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say it is a lovely shawl and in my favorite colors plus the fringe is a beauty to behold, and probably a time consuming task. I never am able to make my supplies of anything come out even from crafts to cooking to photo paper or cartridges for my photo printer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful, and that fringe was worth the day and a half. Nice job all round.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great job, Jinksy!
    I love to crochet, and I don't think that one ever reaches the bottom of one's crochet bag. The yarn just keeps getting replenished! :))
    Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colours. I’ve been there with the fringing; you can create a poem in your head while your fingers do the fringing! Very therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been able to crochet something other than one short useless string, so I'm in awe. Beautiful colours and that fringe is well worth the time you've spent on it. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful poncho...

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your poncho looks so cozy Jinksy and I love the colours you chose :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like Jackie, I never seem to get to the bottom of my wool box. I had so much (so I thought) that I started on squares for a blanket. Of course then you have to get some more to finish... and then you have some leftover...etc. I think it must be one of those universal laws.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always find it interesting how artsy people are creative in more than one arena quite often.

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...