Friday, 23 November 2012

Recycling Circles?

Back in 2008, one of my first few posts was about Freecyle, an organization which helps recycle 'stuff'. Members offer, or request items and no money changes hands. After my initial enthusiasm, I put my membership on hold - until recently.

A large , black, Dalek shaped compost bin I'd bought with ideas of being 'green', turned out to be a white elephant, as my kitchen and garden waste proved to have the wrong ingredients for making compost.

So I rejoined Freecycle a week ago, and within twenty four hours a keen gardener had come and collected my, to me, useless bin...

I must explain, it was designed to stand on the earth - not my unavoidable concrete slabs - thus it had no base. Once he had taken it on his merry way, I was left with this...


Don't you think it look's like a dragon's nest, where all the baby dragons have struggled from their eggshells and flown away, back to a land of myth and magic?

If you click on the word Freecycle at the start of this post, you can read how this all started!

6 comments:

  1. The Dragons den eh! A TV programme here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what happened. May the new owner create more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that idea! Baby dragons.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or stowed away in your house for the winter Jinksy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A team of dragons to pull your chariot , perhaps .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have managed to give away a few items on Freecycle.

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...