Saturday, 14 May 2011

Black Friday?

Well, Thursday wasn't too good either, at least in  Blogland, was it  folks? Blogger throwing a wobbly messed with our heads as well as out blogposts!

Now here we are, back to another Sepia Saturday and I'm messing with your eyes, as this photo was in reality a white lily. But how regal does it look in these sombre purple shades?

Along with the WACOM Bamboo Pen & Touch Tablet I rashly bought this week, came various downloads. Included in the price were things like ArtRage Studio Pro and Adobe Photoshop Elements 8, not to mention the actual delights of the tablet and pen itself, which let me draw freehand images for the computer screen.

I will need to practice lots, before I start sharing those first efforts, but it's plain that the potential is enormous. So is the learning curve. Enormous, I mean.

Suddenly having to use full movement of my arm to position a cursor on the screen feels totally alien, after years of only moving wrist and fingers to click a mouse. But I begin to  see how my first faltering steps in Blogland, which began with a plethora of words but no pictures, and my sudden urge to include all kinds of illustrations, is akin to Radio evolving into Television. I hasten to add, I have no secret wish to  begin making movies, though. At least, not that I know of...yet...

23 comments:

  1. Sometimes we take unexpected branches from the main trunk. It's good for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's exciting to discover a whole new form for expression, isn't it? BTW, I discovered that the learning curve can be a lot of fun - when I stopped trying to will myself to know how to do everything digital immediately, I relaxed and began to enjoy myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making a colourful picture! Theres no end to possibilities.

    Glad Blogger is behaving now! It was annoying.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've asked the question before and will ask it again: is there no limit to this woman's versatility?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you gal. Always expanding your talents and I am just following right along. I am doing a new crochet technique with the re-cycled bags and venturing into purses, hat and who knows what else.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting how things progress, isn't it? If Cisco hadn't prematurely killed the wonderful Flipcam, I've no doubt video would not be far behind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooooooooooooh, I want one of those! (Jumping up and down yelling, "mimemineminegimme") Um, sorry. That was totally uncalled for. Blush. Ahem.

    Yup, blogger gave more than a fair few of us a full blown heart attack this week. I'm still fretting over all my wiped comments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your lily looks lovely - I particularly like the green with the purple, which surprises me. Thanks for the surprise! Jo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There isn't anyone who doesn't look good in purple, in my opinion. Even your friend Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Jinksy,
    that sounds utterly intriguing! Is it difficult (technically) to install it at the computer? To be able to draw sounds alluring - and so one is able to write by hand too?

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...if I could only find the time to learn all I want to! Not enough hours in the day. Have fun and we will all be watching your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! The antidote to blogger-angst!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm thinking of working with imovie and see if i can come up with a slide show. a movie would even be better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You'll have to ask Iz to show you some of the sketches she has done on her ipad, using just a finger!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh great! I can't wait to see what you come up with Jinksy. I like your lily "on the dark side" :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely talent! very nicely done...and yes we do live in an exciting world of Blogland don't we!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Goth lily is wonderful !
    Some grower should now make it his life's work to develop a new type .... the Jinksy .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! You're getting computer-nerdier by the minute LOL. Even Photoshop 8? I needed a course to learn how to use it. Very impressed by your creativity :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think you would really like movies. It could be next. I have seen this Pen and Touch tablet and it looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Even though people say a picture is worth a thousand words, I'm a word person myself, through and through. I have never used Photoshop and I probably never will. Still, it is interesting to see the sort of effect one can achieve with it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The transformation of your lily is pretty amazing. Computer technology is amazing, too. Have fun with your new toys!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sepia Saturday, now that's a thought! Lovely to see your blog evolving organically :O)

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...