Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Epistles

At this time of year, many of the Christmas cards being trundled around the world, contain, inside their glitter sprinkled fold, an epistle. For what better name is there to describe the annual letter which regales us with the sender's highs and lows since this time last year?

Don't get me wrong, a real letter with a card enclosed, is welcome at any time, for the letter is the main attraction, and the card and additional extra. But once the letter takes second place to the card - it's time to beware. I'm sure you'll know the kind I mean - more like a mail shot than a letter written to an individual! Informative, maybe, but soulless...


However, the Wednesday challenge  on Imaginary Garden today is to write an epistle. They ask us to choose a character or characters from literary history: a fictional character or the person of a poet, author or artist, and to write a poem in letter form (or a letter in poem form), either to, or from the character of your choice.

The Jinksy sense of humour took over at this point!  LOL ♥

17 comments:

  1. What grade is Master Robin in? Me thinks he's ignoring his studies and hanging out with his uneducated friends too much . I hope he doesn't fall under the spell of Mr. Fagin, who really knows how o put little boys to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. And cute. Ad"eeyore"able, even.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be by for a little smackrel! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! My second choice for a letter was Winnie the Pooh to Christopher Robin :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christopher Robin's invitation is from his heart, I can tell. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would you like honey or condensed milk on the bread? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh that's cute. Who doesn't love Christopher Robin and his friends?
    I get several round robin letters each Christmas. They always seem to be boastful to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure Christopher Robin was only about five when his father wrote Winnie the Pooh, so I think he wrote very well.
    And Jinksy, I hoped I could count on you to have a sense of humor, and I was right! Bless you for it.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate those long winded Christmas letters too! I loved your letter to Winnie the Pooh! One of my favorite characters (and books!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh, tales of the Hundred Acre Woods never get old.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The best Round-Christopher-Robin Christmas letter yet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I guess with the advent of e-mail, blogging, twitter, Facebook etc Round-Robins are becoming a thing of the past ... but not Christopher Robin and Pooh - they'll never be a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  13. christmas !
    that time of year when everyone else , it seems , has been to the himalayas , opened a webshop selling wonderful nepalese babyslings and had ten new grandchildren to model them .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, that's so cute. Christopher Robin appears to be somewhat dyslexic ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. pooh!!
    and such a great image! what platform did you use to create that?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very clever, Jinksy. I like your sense of humor. As I am pretty late doing Kerry's RT challenge, I am sharing my link here hoping you'll visit: http://inthecornerofmyeye.blogspot.com/2011/12/letter-from-mary-to-god.html

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...