Wednesday, 11 January 2012

'Ready to take you on and on'

It's the early hours of the morning, and the clock face shows you the time I took the shot. On a ribbon attached to the tiny HMS, red nosed blob sailor you see on top of this Ikea cabinet, are printed the words you see in my title.
I suddenly thought how appropriate a phrase it was for all intrepid Bloggers everywhere...

But why am I taking pictures and writing posts at this godforsaken hour? A tickle cough, stuffy nose and voice box which emits sounds like a foghorn, has been plaguing me for the past two weeks, and the hours between three and five are when it plagues me most.

The germs have got into a routine of driving me downstairs at silly o'clock for a steam inhalation, a hot honey and lemon drink, and an interminable wait for the coughing to subside. So what's an old lady to do but BLOG IT, before going back to bed for stage two of a long night...

15 comments:

  1. Try adding brandy to that late night drink of yours and you'll be asleep in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sympathies ! That ghastly hedgehog-in-my-throat stage can go on and on . ( I find tea seems to make it worse .)
    Get better soon !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a terrible time to be up and about.
    Those raspy hedgehoggy coughs are awful and seem to be aggravated by lying down and going from one kind of temperature to another.
    I'd lie low for a while....... well not "lie" but just relax & don't do anything.............
    Hoping you'll be back to normal very soon.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your struggles. Hopefully, they're almost over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am often tempted to blog in the middle of the night, except the farmer would think I was stark staring mad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get well, soon, my friend.
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the Weaver...I would come down and blog...but the potter would be restless....hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have my sympathy.

    I have just had something similar. I seemed to knock it on the head by chain sucking throat sweets and dosing myself up with codeine based pain killers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'm suffering from the same crud!

    ReplyDelete
  10. if blogging is therapy, why not?
    hope you are feeling better:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just had the same problem with a nasty cold – it started on 16 December and went almost away on the 29th – well that is when I finally got up from bed. I am still coughing and drink chamomile tea or place fresh ginger into hot water with honey, lemon juice and some rum from Martinique to give it a zing… these colds take time. Hope you feel better soon and that you will be able to breathe free for the rest of 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Take more whiskey with it! (Well - it works for me.)
    Look after yourself and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, do I know that one. Blogging and blowing, eh? (But not bike riding . . .)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear, it's that time of the year again, I'm afraid, everyone seems to be coming down with some lergy or other (I'm just about recovered myself, thank God). I do hope you're enjoying a full nights rest by now, it's awful having to spend the day walking around in a trance.

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...