Tuesday, 12 June 2012

It comes to something...

...when people start asking, "Where are you?"  Or rather, "Why have you been a lazy git and not posted anything lately?"
Yesterday, my cousin in Bournemouth, and Merisi, my Blogpal in Vienna both thought the same thing, so this morning, I determined to get my act together to produce another Napple Note. This is the result:-

"What, a picture?" I hear you cry."Where is the waffle?"
That comes next, in this case. It will be no surprise to UK residents in the South, when I tell how we've been blessed with more than out fair share of the wet stuff, recently.

As I braved the elements to retrieve my green wheely bin from the spot on the pavement where the bin man had deigned to abandon it, after emptying, I was entranced by the crystal-raindrop necklaces on the montbretia outside my door.

"That will be good for a blogphoto" says I to myself, and rushed to grab my cheapo Canon.

It's so long since I last played with it, I was fumbling to find the macro option, when a trio of figures walked past, and I snapped them instead, taken as I was by the Mum-and-daughter, matching pink wellie boots.

However, in my haste, the picture was blurry, and not fit for human consumption...until...aah! A little Photoshop magic, and this image asked to be saved. I thought it captured the puddle-strewn feel of the morning quite well, and the funny face of the parked car in the top left quarter of the picture, made me smile - as I hope it will you. I do believe Napple could waffle about anything...

Please, click on the Merisi link I've put in for you, and you will see how REAL photographs should look!

And specially for RWP, here is the original, blurry shot, as it appeared on my camera - sideways!

18 comments:

  1. I don't recognize a single thing you claim is in the picture. Matching pink wellie boots, you say? Too much Jim Beam is what I think. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The things I do for you, RWP! :) Pink boots now well in evidence...

      Delete
  2. Well, now you've done it. You've made me look up "montbretia". :-) In the U.S. it's "coppertips" or "falling stars". Not that I knew those, either. Must not be suitable for Minnesota...

    I love your artwork. Do you offer it for sale ever?

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Merisi nudged you out of hiding. It did indeed make me smile. It took me a moment to focus but I can see the mom and child walking, on an angle, purse thrown over the mom's left shoulder. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That proves you have your eyes screwed in correctly this morning, Hilary! LOL ♥

      Delete
  4. I think you're all nuts. That's a panoramic vista of the Eiffel Tower if I ever saw one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're starting to worry me now, RWP - have you been to an opticians lately? LOL :)

      Delete
  5. Jinksy,
    that is a great comeback! :-)
    I am so happy that you are not only alright, but up to all sorts of psychedelic experiments!
    Thank you for your links, that really made my day.
    Hugs,
    Merisi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post and thanks for the smiles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The drawing would be a wonderful print of cloth for the many who love printed material!

    Ism't PhotoShop and many other such programs miraculous? It makes us snapshooters look like advanced amateurs, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE that picture, no matter what anyone else thinks of it. As a matter of fact, I may print out a copy and hang it on my wall. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah, Bless! You are most welcome - just write my name on the back, for posterity! LOL

      Delete
  9. NOW I can see the cars . And , as always , once seen they are unmissable . I thought that you'd wibble-wobbled a photo of your kitchen .
    A good return !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wondering where you were but so many people seem to be lying low right now and the time seems to be racing by, as well.
    Glad to *see* you again.
    That work is really lovely. It is amazing what a bit of twiddling can do.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie - it made a change from 'twiddling' a crochet hook!*smiles*

      Delete
  11. Nice to see you there, and what a great photo-doodle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice effects, that capture the rainy feel, Jinksy.

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...