Monday, 26 July 2010

This Evening

The merest sprinkling of rain brought the smell of the nearby sea with it, fresh and welcoming after a very humid day.
I spent much of Monday wandering Blogland, paying return calls, or visiting old friends. But now I feel the need to add a blogpost, and what better subject than evening, as I watch the dusky stillness herald in the night.
The rain was, once again, something and nothing; a tantalising glimpse, no more.

So my mind wandered in completely the opposite direction, and sent me searching for a suitable illustration of a different kind of evening. After much clicking on wrong files I managed to unearth a doodling sunset I did a few weeks back, and as Tessa was extolling the virtues of doodling in her latest post, it seemed apt to use this now.

 I've never seen anything like this myself. It is pure imagination, so forgive me, all you photographic gurus who produce examples of  the real thing. I can't compete with them. All I offer is a mirage... Or part of it:-

10 comments:

  1. You doodle better than a hundred photographic gurus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a fine mirage this is! You should frame this and hang it....seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jinksy, your mirage is as tantalizing as the one who created it! what a beautiful ending to this day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your creativity, diversifying into other media...Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like my kind of day jinsky, well done with your picture, I so love my talented friends.
    ........:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go on, doodle some more. Your imagination can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love when you doodle and share your artistry with us. I enjoyed both creations as well as your accompanying narrative. You have an exciting imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love thw "mirage" but I prefer to call it great imagination and art. ART takes diverent forms in my perception, The ability to combine great "pictures" in words is a great gift. Or the IMPRESSIONIST artist who presents images in such an imaginative but understandable way, or the musical composer who pulls the heartstringes with his melodies; the carpenter who builds exquisite houses or other art...and on and on. we are all creators or artists in some sense of the word.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're really good. Imagine either enlarged a lot to a wall picture size, then viewed from several feet away. Be really great. Bien fait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a fine doodle. I love the colours .. some of my favourites all in one pretty picture.

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...