Tuesday, 7 July 2009

Boss Is A Dirty Word

I may have shown who is boss, and enjoyed making Blogland sit on the naughty step for a while, but I now have the feeling I'm being treated to a bit of my own medicine. You see from choice of vocabulary in that phrase, that medical matters are impinging on my consciousness. I think I have been banished to the naughty step belonging to the NHS. I have obviously been remiss for not making more noises to gain their attention before now. Their radar has now registered my presence, and I'm being bombarded by flak from all directions.

This would be a little more encouraging if the gunners got their act together, and concentrated the salvos so they came from a single direction. Sadly, this does not appear to be the case. Our local surgeries have recently undergone major changes - some for better, some for worse, it seems. My GP, who has known my ins-and-outs (!) for more than 35 years, has moved on to more managerial realms. You might think a letter would have been sent, to inform me whose list I would be transferred to, but no. In fact, I only knew of his departure from a friend of mine who had received such a letter.

This did not bode well, once I blipped on the radar screen, as I'm sure you can imagine, and now I'm dodging bullets while trying to establish a rapport with doctors to whom I'm virtually an unknown entity.

My supposedly 'restful holiday' break, has proved to be a whirlwind of to-ing and fro-ing, at the mercy of medics... apart, that is, from a few great days when NZ relations were in my neck of the woods, together with No1 Son, who played chauffeur for them. Son is much improved, I am happy to report, so pills seem to have had the desired effect in his case, at least! Only wish I could say the same about me. But I live in hopes?!

I'd like to say a BIG thank you to all my Blogpals who have left messages during my AWOL act. I make no promises as to frequency of posts for a while, or to regularity of ward rounds among Blogland's lunatic fringes, but will flit like a will o' the wisp as time and inclination dictate. Normal service will be resumed as soon as I begin to feel normal. This could take centuries as, in truth, I have yet to discover how normal feels... I even wonder whether I would recognise it if it bit me on the behind...

29 comments:

  1. Well i'm glad you blipped on my radar screen Ms P,and I look forward to seeing more of you and no I do NOT mean that in a medical sense....jeez
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been missed! I've looked for you and found you gone! I hope the health problem is slight and temporary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here I thought you were on holidays. Take care. Meanwhile, my energies also seem to be going to places other than Blogland these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. here you are. gone again. mmmmmm, i'll keep looking.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seem to be a bit like a butterfly....... skipping and fluttering around! Hope you settle on my flowers now & then!
    In the meantime, have a lovely time & enjoy the sunshine.(Well it was there not so long ago!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha!Ha!, welcome to the unnormal crowd. Is that a word? I think I have been a member all of my life. Good luck finding a good doctor. Yes that was pretty shabby of the office not to have sent you some sort of notice about his switching his practice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How I have missed your quirky sense of humour Jinksy - I have looked for you every day and the first sign that you are back is when you visit me! Do hope your health improves and that you get a good working relationship with your new doctor - mine retired and how i missed him. Glad to hear of your son's improvement too. Lovely to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jinksy,
    I was also away from Blogland for a while and didn't know about your medical issues... I hope you are doing o.k. and wish you well!!
    Big Hugs!
    Donnie XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogland missed you, Jinksy. I do hope your health improves so that you can get back to the serious business of saying Hi to your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jinksy....I do hope that you are feeling better soon. I've missed you very much. I say hello to you and that I'm thinking of you.
    Smiles from Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hang in there, m'dear! Sorry to hear you've been getting the medical runaround and am hoping that you will soon alight on a friendly doorstep. The military nuances in this post lead me to believe that you've been through the medical wars. Peace! Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Getting used to a new GP is a stressful process. I wish you luck and a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you're back among the sharers. We're patient; we take time off too for similar dispositions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jinsky - and there I was thinking its about time I visited you and I learn you have been having medical issues. Extremely sorry for this and please accept my best wishes for a swift return to good health. The doctor failing to communicate is typical of these days of extremely poor communication and service. I see you are nearing 100 followers which is a milestone shared by a couple of other friends recently. Will 'see' you soon ~ Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Jinsky I do hope you will be better real soon, I have missed you. Take care of you and I will be back to check on you.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so happy to hear from you again ... I missed your witty posts! But I am concerned about your well being. I am sending you a virtual hug -- please be well. : ) I know you will soon be up to your old tricks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely to see you on Blogland. have missed you. hope you reach a suitable level of normal soon.x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. "...Blogland's lunatic fringes..."

    Aw! You mentioned me by name! Bless you!

    Hope you and yours all feel wonderfully well as soon as humanly (or Godly) possible.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A GP who can communicate is an enigma...
    Hope you are restored to good health asap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jinksy, nothing matters but your health. I wondered where you were keeping. I wish you were enjoying happier times.

    You take care and we'll see you really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello, glad I stumbled upon your blog. Get well soon :0)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Although I feel sorry for you having to endure those medical 'attacks', your description of it made me smile. Keep smiling too dear Jinksy, good to hear your son is doing better. Lots of love, will be thinking of you whilst being upside down in the field ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's typical of doctors' surgeries, ours have done the same thing. But, we still go!

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope you find a Doc of your liking...there's nothing like having a doctor to whom you can spill all! If my Doc moves, I'm moving where he goes!!! Congrats on Post of the Day mention at David's!
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good luck, Jinksy,
    all the best for the future!

    Yours was a hard-earned Post of the Day, but you wrote an immensely compelling story, congratulations on your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm here from David's Authorblog. I wish you good health.:)

    Congrats on the mention at the Post of the Day.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh poor you Jinksy, I do hope your health improves and that you sort out the doctors. Missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Came here via David's blog, noticing your mention in his POTD. Congrats.

    Every time I read a story like yours, I am so grateful to live in Canada where that sort of things doesn't happen - at least yet.

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...