Tuesday, 28 December 2010

How About This?

A perfect partner for my previous post, wouldn't you agree? I'd forgotten all about it, until I scanned in another couple of my Dad's drawings earlier today, and opened the computer file which already contained this little gem! Like my candle holder, there is no real evidence of a potty in sight, but the mind - or at least, my mind!- made an immediate connection one with the other. Hope it makes you smile, as it did me. So from May 5th 1923 to December 29th 2010, just think how many smiles this drawing may have engendered in its lifetime? Nice thought...

12 comments:

  1. in a few more years i'll have a hairdo just like that!!! steven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Your father was ahead of his time. A straight on view of one of the figures in the ring. So timely. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did indeed put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did put a smile on my face, too. Finally getting around to visiting and catching up on missed posts. Always love his art.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love it!!!
    ;^)
    It definitely brought a smile to me!
    ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to have that much hair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's truly a lovely thought, to imagine the many lives brightened a bit over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What treasures you have! Yes, it's a perfect companion to the Potty Post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful little drawing. It did bring a smile to my face this morning. Here's wishing you a very Happy New Year. Please go here and view.
    http://llerrah.com/newyearwishes.htm
    Copy and paste in your browser, then once at the web site, start it scrolling, sit back and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I often wished that I could draw. You are lucky to have this and you should frame it or print it up on a tee shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A good sketch Penny. I liked those wandering eyes! - Dave

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...