Monday, 11 July 2011

Stick Men

Having spent a good portion of the morning exploring textures and paint options on the drop down lists available with my latest 'toy', (click on the word and you can see what the toy is) I plump for 'paper' and 'water colour'. When I click on these, I have absolutely no idea what will happen on the screen, for into the mix come more list options.

I have to choose amounts for 'thinners', 'loading, 'pressure'. These are from dome shaped symbols whose inner ring slides back and forth, for 'more' or 'less' of the 100% they offer. The permutations are virtually endless.

The first random strokes across the print area look to me like sand dunes. I go with this idea and add a sky which I  hope with have the luminous quality found near bodies of water. I add a pool in the foreground, and some fronds of dry grasses and a dessicated  shrub. The horizon line is bare, and I want a silhouette figure to give scale to the whole thing. This is a real challenge for my ability to control the 'pen' ( AKA brush, as far as ArtRage is concerned.)

A few lucky strokes, and there they are, the Stick Men, who look as though they were meant to be...

14 comments:

  1. I do not know what your latest “toy” is – I guess I missed that post. Whatever it is, I like this painting, it is soft but shows the heat of summer to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Meant' to be?
    Who says?

    And why do you have to be quite so violent, that poor little fellow is cowering in mortal fear . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I thought he was playing at being Sherlock Holmes, Friko?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a soothing picture to look at.
    I will have to look through your older posts to see what your *Toy* is.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look to me like two intrepid explorers battling through to the North Pole Jinksy. Iam now going back to click on 'toy'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thinking with your new toy and the fun created that you may lose a little sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although I don't do art stuff per se, I do have a Wacom that I use for my photo work ... er ... play.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a pretty good picture Pen - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jinksy, this is absolutely awesome, I love it. How clever you are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your creation is impressive Pen. Will your toy do pen and ink type drawings? Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the stick men, and love it that you are finding self expression via new technology. SAVE A TREE - paint on a pad. Oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That seems to be one amazing toy, and you do amazing things with it, J.

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...