Monday, 18 July 2011

Where The Bee Sucks

    
  That phrase has always sounded funny to me, but you can see why it sprang to mind once I saw what my shutter captured after yesterday's honeysuckle shot - a bee with his nose in the trough! I had no idea he would be in focus, the rate he was buzzing around that lavender bush by my knees. More thanks to Canon's A800 - but what a shame the little ladybird is only a fuzzy blot on the landscape...I had noticed it earlier, but when concentrating on the darting, buzzing monster, it faded into obscurity.

   The Universe's lessons are everywhere. This one reminded me how easily we ignore, or push things into the background of our lives, when really they deserve to have their turn at being in sharp focus for a while, too. How easy it is to take people and things for granted...

15 comments:

  1. Good pic. When you're that close, you can only get a little bit in focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I like the fuzzy outta focus Lady Bug too!
    The bee is totally asorbed in life- as we all should be...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo and the phrase comes from A Midsummer Night's Dream.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so right. really looking, focusing intently, always repays the effort.
    It's blogging which has taught me that. So this waste of time has been good for something after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo, nothing finer than capturing a bee full face in joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great shot you have there. Wow! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How true! And, that's a really beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wise words with larger application to life from you today Pen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post is a great reminder not to take people for granted and the things in life that bring joy.
    The photo is really nice, showing an industrious bee and a lovely flower. The ladybug probably likes being fuzzy, just traveling around the flowerbeds and finding little treats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice to stop in and see what is going on in your world. :^) Always fun...
    BEEEE good!
    ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So true! I love the photo, and your honeysuckle looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great shot, Jinksy. That ladybug is an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bees are such interesting creatures. I love watching them. I haven't seen many ladybirds - my garden could certainly do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with Friko--and your bee is a stunning example of focusing intently.

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...