Tuesday, 16 June 2009

It's Different

What is? Why, the competition that has been going on over at Angie Ledbetter's Gumbo Writer.
She posted several photos, and had people write 50 words about the one they chose. But then, once the answers were in place, she added a different twist. We were asked to use any of those words from the various answers, to construct a new poem of sorts. I thought this an intriguing exercise, and if you fancy a bit of fun, go read the 50 word answers, and make your own collage from their contents.
Thought I'd let you read my copy and paste job today, to see if you think it makes sense...

Life of Disaster

Far below the spreading sunlight it waits,
the curves are most painful, scrape and burn.
She's waiting, looking out the window
beyond blankets of dirt and canopied leaves -
the disaster my life has become.

Mesmerised by the stillness, I forget
the sunlight filtered through the trees.
Couldn't help but think about grandma,
drowned in memories, saying 'Hurry!'

(You can find Angie at http://angie-ledbetter.blogspot.com)

14 comments:

  1. it does make sense... well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fabulous! Sounds like something I'd like to try. Where is gumbo writer?

    Breeze

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not bad! I'll have to head over to Angie's place to see the "before".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I told her I wasn't playing-- I can't write poetry at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this sort of collage poetry Jinksy. I shall pop over and investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good one Jinsky! I lived in your moment for a moment of my own. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jinksy, knew you'd be up for the challenge! It's gonna be hard judging the contest again.

    Thanks for the shout out too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Jinsky! Never one to pass on a challenge eh, love it. Have a wonderful day.
    ......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I'm wit' you, Boo Boo." No awards, tags or memes wanted, but I didn't have the nous to tell everybody up front like you. Had to explain at least a dozen times. Doh! OTOH, chatting isn't my bag, either, but I'm betting that you could chat for England. ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just catching up a bit on your blog. It seems i've missed some things. I liked your poem. I haven't gone to the other link to see what it's all about yet. As for your son, I think the docs are far too quick to diagnose depression when all their fancy machinery doesn't detect anything... a little too convenient sometimes, and the meds can cause problems that weren't there. But I know several people who really appreciate the meds just to, as your son put it, take the edge off. In other words we have to trust our bodies more than our docs sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, clever and amazing as always ;-) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. jinksy...I will go to angie's blog and see what it's all about. Yours is lovely. Mine would be a mish mash....but I'll give it a try!!
    Smiles,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Jinksy, I don't know how you did it, but this one rocks! I know I couldn't do it with cut and paste but this is rivetting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's hope for me yet Jinksy with this kind of help available.

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...