Monday, 1 August 2011

On The Up

And here you must realise, I'm talking purely temperatures. We have 29° to 30° forecast over the next few days, and while many of our American cousins have been sweltering among far worse, in dear old England, these are enough to send us in a flat spin at the thought.

Owners of posh cars are about the only people who have come to expect air conditioning as a given. The rest of us sweat and look forward to the next drizzly day, which to be fair, is mostly just around the corner.
So while the morning is still pleasantly cool, I thought it about time I did a waffly, Napple post with no 'prompt' nudge needed from anybody else.  In fact, Blogland occasionally feels so devoid of free thinkers, that I despair.

Okay, so I'm guilty too, for indulging in a Mr Linky widget, but in my defence, I do try to use pictures which will leave interpretation wide open, and I've not been disappointed with the tangents peoples' minds have followed as a result.

But enough of that. Here's the tangent my mind went off at yesterday, as I was getting my lunch ready... However, it didn't stop there, because then I got the "What if?"urge that so often leads me astray from those things I should be doing. And I ended up with this... and this... and this...
Do click on the pictures to see their full glory...

12 comments:

  1. I must say I enjoy the meme aspect of the blogosphere. I can't get enough of it. Respoonding is akin to doing a crossword puzzle and I find I can go off on my own tangents quite frequently anyway. But I see your point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder: what if you hadn't? Sorry, but it's already too hot to think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they are full of glory.

    PS: If you haven't noticed, I am not a meme sort of guy at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, but not too appetizing....

    ReplyDelete
  5. "However, it didn't stop there, because then I got the 'What if?' urge that so often leads me astray from those things I should be doing." And we are the lucky recipients!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it's going to be that hot tomorrow, I'm going NOWHERE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is 103 deg at 5:35 p.m. as I write this comment, my fingers may melt on the keyboard. Tomorrow is predicted to be 103 and Wednesday 105. This does not factor in humidity which is used to figure "feel like" temperatures. I wish they'd forget "feel like."--just irritates my fevered brow that much more. I plan on watering my withering plants in the dark tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I try to be a free thinker and do often go off on a tangent about some topics. I love people who feel free to say what they think in a blog or comments section. I love the pictures. I tried picking a favorite and just could not do it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your variations look so much prettier than the original. The blues and greens and purples of the first variation are just glorious.
    As for going off at a tangent, I do that so often I rarely get to the point of what I was saying - or doing - or thinking. It's a very muddling way to live . . .;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 29 degrees C over here too my dear. I just have to sit in my posh car and enjoy the air-conditioning. Or open the newly installed roof windows and enjoy the gentle breeze tickling the top of my head ;-)
    Must say that your lunch looks very appetizing. But not so much in the adapted versions. Beautiful as they are though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The wonders of beautiful artistic creations coming from a free thinker...I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the art! ;^) Way to think freely! ;^D Tangents . . . that's my life's story . . . couldn't function without them! ;^)
    (119 here this last week. I keep saying that if I had wanted to live in the Sahara, I would have moved there!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...