Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Silhouette

Thanks for all the kind wishes on the previous post - itchy fingers all better now!

For a quick post this morning, before the busy part of the day begins, I thought it only fair  I let you see the third member of the group that visited on Friday...  Mum-to-the-girls and my No.1 Girl, looking very tanned after her recent holiday.

We are a right pair of numpties, when it comes to presents. Since March, daughter has had a (breakable) Mother's Day gift for me, which kept getting forgotten on previous visits, and wasn't the sort she could sensibly send through the mail.

I, on the other hand, had recently bought a collection of 'caravan gifts' which I thought I  might stow away for her family's Christmas Stocking. When I realised their caravan would be in use this week, I thought "Hang it all! Why wait for Christmas?"

So we happily exchanged late/early presents on the spot! I got the best deal, for mine was a pretty, hand crafted, glass coaster all the way from Spain.

They on the other hand, had a lightweight bat-and-ball game, a 'Yaddda-yadda-yadda' device which alters the pitch of  one's recorded voice, and two enamel mugs with the inscription 'Keep calm and carry on.' What else would they need on a wet day in a caravan? Hehehe!

10 comments:

  1. That should have set them up "good and proper", methinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha!Aren't you guys sweet!
    I am all for giving and getting gifts,early/late anytime anywhere :D
    And to get a gift for Mother's day,such a lovely feeling, I'm sure!
    My mom gets all excited when I give her gift on Mother's day!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited by the yadda yadda yadda...and I think I really want nay need one....what is it exactly?

    fun fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am all for little pressies Jinksy - that is what makes life worth living.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like exchanging gifts at times other than the 'expected' times for doing so

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas in August is a good thing. Well done Jinksy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gifting has so many forms and ideas. Over the years our gift list increased to the inth power as families of kin and friend grew expotentially, except ours. As years passed and we arrived at retirement, we had to pare the list gradually down to a few closest members.

    Finally we arrived at a decision, with an idea put forth by a dear friend. We take most if all, money spent on gifting, discard the parties of overeating, and give to charities and needy throughout the year.

    As to our personal birthdays, and Christmas, we agreed to buy our own gift, usually more expensive than usual, and not necessarily on the date. For example I have a new czmera lens for our upcoming vacation and it is birthday. Trip is late September; birthday in October. Husband bought a rototiller in late July. Birthday in August. Our charities are variable, usually centered in extra needs of our church, but we have some in our community, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, a beautiful silhouette of your daughter Pen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Gerry. I crave a yadda-yadda device, even though I don't know what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want a Yadda-Yadda machine , too . It could keep me amused on long train journeys .

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...