Monday, 14 June 2010

Thanks For The Feedback, People

And especially AC, for pointing out the advantages of using Verdana as a font for Blogpages. I see its capital 'I' has its own chunky serifs, which identify it more easily when it's followed by a lower case 'l' - a fact which would placate Rhymes With Plague, Mr Brague, and his 'Illinois' readability argument. I tend to agree with him, that a serifed font is often easier to read, and I may well revert to my first choice, Georgia, for my posts at some point in the future.

From experience, I know glitches are to be expected when Blogger is trying anything new! I'm quite happy being a guinea pig, who can then pass on anything I've learned- like the fact that, if you are trying to alter the colour of your Post Title within the design feature, you won't find the option under the 'Advance' label for Post Design! Too straightforward! It is apparently controlled by your choice of  'Links' colourways! Bizarre, but okay once you have it sussed, I suppose.

Blogger's 'Compose' page seems to be coping with translating everything to my chosen design features, so that's a plus, and has thereby removed the pressing need for using Live Writer. (Sorry son - after all your hard work, too!)
Or maybe not!  Trying to give you a calm, happy Buddha to contemplate, should your frustrations be showing, I have encountered a whole new set of imponderables which Blogger has thrust upon me. I now can't wait to see what a hash he's made of this composition today, once I dare to push the post button. I may need to do a lot of pondering on Buddha myself before the morning is out...

Right!  I'm taking a deep breath, heading mousewards to the publish post button, and here goes...

13 comments:

  1. Oh, the new make-over looks fab! I am still just learning my way around live-writer (which I'm enjoying immensely), it's taken me ages to get there, so I don't think I'll be fiddling around with my format again, any time soon. I do love what you've achieved in here, way to go, Jinksy!

    ps. I have a free give-away going on at my place..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm curious if the layout turned out to be as you expected, hoped and wanted it to be ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. You made it, it's working and it's working for you. You're a braver soul than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made it though the transformation, Jinksy. It looks clean and easy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buddha looks serene, Jinksy. You and Blogger must have done it right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not to try to be pedantic, but when I was more into this sort of thing five years ago, I was told that the web was the reverse of printing. For printing one usually writes in serif and entitles in sans serif. For web design it's opposite, or used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new look jinsky, you have done a wonderful job and it is so easy to read, I have been having a few problems reading some blogs (just unable to read as the print and background are so much alike) Have a great day.
    .......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. So do come over and tell me your new doodahs; I'm still not ahppy with my new design but I have the problem of wanting a header picture.
    So, where did all this come from?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks good! I like the new format much better. It breathes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still looks great to me. Your blog title is a link.. it links to the main page if you're on a particular blog post page.. hence why it's included with other link options. Your post titles are too. Each contains a different URL/web address.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jinksy!
    I too have been a tinkering but as it was so long since I last blogged I'd more or less forgotten how to do it all in the first place! I like it though.
    Off to catch up on what I've missed. Oh and Squared Off is no more - I'm Irritatingly Optimistic now!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...