Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Early Morning Or Late Night?

It's 1.30am, whatever you want to call it. Probably that explains why my brain has decided to post Willow's Magpie picture, for a quickie before bed...

I think a thick brick
is not as thick as a plank,
but far swankier.
P.S.Steven says that should be 'thwankier!' He's right!


Who says a haiku has to be sensible? 

Perhaps I should have gone straight to bed at that point. But no. Instead, I wanderered along a Blogland path or two and found the name Napple Notes had been taken in vain by a Welsh lady (one whom I have visited before) who bears the delightful name of Ada Trellis. It was clear from what she had written, that 'sensible' was probably the last adjective one would choose to describe her penmanship, if her latest post was anything to go by... Click on her name to decide for yourself whether we are sisters under the skin...

29 comments:

  1. at 1.30am a lot of things make sense... just teasing! i love your quirky mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's brilliant! I'll take your brain at 1.30!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jinksy i think it should read "thwankier".( early in the morning here also!) steven

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jinksy, I am glad you had time for a 'quickie before bed', I like the idea of a swankier brick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I truly like that word "swankier".
    Nice haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Welsh lady is definitely the Anti-Jinksy! Sisters? I think ot, or maybe even not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am off to see if we are sisters under the skin - or over it for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what else could you come up with at that time of the night when thleep evades you and thorrows cloud your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really, good enough for me! Sank you..I mean, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Un-sensible people are the best dreamers of all. Love your haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thwankier! What can i say!
    And yourself and Ada have much humour in common!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Thwank you" for sharing your quirky, creative Magpie. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And if I stayed uo till 1.30 , could I discover a , so far deeply buried , talent for poetry ..... or should I just continue marvelling at your polished haikus , limericks et al. ?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sensible is highly overated - love this short.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ahhh, writing poetry before bed... and browsing to see what other writers are up to sounds divine...

    ReplyDelete
  16. FUN! And no, haikus do not have to be high brow or boring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Most of my best thoughts have been at 1.30 am. Creativity lives in a different time-zone.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sensible can be very boring!
    You have far too much sense of humour for that to happen!
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  19. I prefer a plank
    to a brick, however thick,
    on a sinking ship.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sisters under the skin? No I dont think so, maybe distant cousins??

    ReplyDelete
  21. Erratum: That "I" should read "I'd".

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everyone should go without sleep for 24 hours and then write a poem. I think it would be hilarious.

    This was terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I read that poem with peanut butter in my mouth and it was thweet!

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...