Friday, 23 September 2011

The Eyes Have It

Okay, here you see a sepia picture. It may need a little explanation, so here goes.

My beautiful eucalyptus tree which grew to ginormous proportions and had to be cut down, continues to delight me in different ways.

It has started sprouting various types of fungus, grey, green, brown, orange - all rather beautiful. But once I'd taken a straightforward set of photos yesterday morning, I had one of those 'What if?' moments once I'd transferred them to the computer screen.

And by simply clicking the 'negative' option in my Arcsoft Photo Studio 6, look what a beautiful image it produced.
Surely those are alien space ships flying towards us in the centre of the picture?

So, Sepia Saturday, here's one for you, and one for me! Hehehe! Thanks again, Alan and Kat.

And if you click on the picture you'll see it in all its full glory!.

13 comments:

  1. Or it could be St Paul’s Cathedral, surrounded by the flood waters when global warming finally kicks in. Sorry, Jinksy I do sometimes see things differently to others,as Martin at Square Sunshine will attest, after what I saw on his latest post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't resist re-inverting the colors in your image, so now I know what it really looked like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool way to present it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently had to do this to a much loved kowhai tree, but I'm hoping that it will coppice and grow anew, rather than just be a host for several varieties of bracket fungus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This wouldn't look out of place in an episode of Dr Who.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure have some very weird things lurking at the bottom of your garden Pen. Oh the hours of pleasure you are getting from that photo thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothin can beat the fascination of seeing and photo capture of the strange and different objects and then tinkering as you have done. It really suits a Halloweeen theme, I think. Very different.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great images...I see fairy homes in the fungus growing on the stump... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a varied collection of fungi for one stump. It's amazing what shapes they take up and what you can imagine them to be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like something you'd see while diving in the Caribbean .
    After a cocktail or two .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see a pillar of ice.... It's amazing. I really must invest in some of these clever pieces of software.

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...