Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Time To Leave?

With the week starting on a sad note of disasters, my doodling caught the same idea, to a degree. By playing with a few random brick coloured blocks, my imagination took flight and this image was the result. I know it is a crude representation, but I was searching for a 'feel', not a lifelike image, and I decided to use it for In Tandem to see how other writers might view the prompt. I've written a shadorma as my own contribution..
.

Acrid winds
blew their dust cloud storms
through dying
city streets.
Dejected evacuees
shuffled slowly by.

11 comments:

  1. Ha! Looks like we 'snapped' Jinks... I have winds in my post today too. Lovely painting, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting so clever with all your fancy accoutrments Pen. Wish I could put my mind to a bit of poetry to go with this. I have rejoined our local writers group now that I can drive again, so perhaps I shall get some stimulation there. Watch this space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so melancholy - not a reflection of your mood, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jabblog - the picture spoke its own words to me, once it appeared before my eyes! It is NOT a reflection of me - I tuned into its wavelength! Not the same thing at all...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is extremely good...... if a little sad!
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, both the image and the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good effort Pen, along with the short poem - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool,very atmospheric feel to it ...thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a way with words...makes the art come alive.

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...