Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Unexpected Prezzie

I'll let you into a secret. I'm not into the latest all singing, all dancing mobile phones. For years I was content with a tiny Panasonic one - the smallest I could find that was capable of making or receiving calls and texts. And that was fine. 

But eventually the characters on the screen didn't always appear as they should, and were so tiny anyway, that glasses became a necessity for me to read them.

While I was looking for a replacement, No.1 son offered me an old, spare one of his, and as well as giving me a choice of font size, which mine didn't, it had a camera inbuilt. Only a 2 megapixel one, but enough to give me this happy, odd angled photo of small granddaughter, which I discovered when I downloaded shots from it this morning.

The metal bars are the struts of the foldaway tables the girls use,  and I like the way the pink clad arms give more angles in this completely unexpected, un-posed moment in time. The blue fingernails add the finishing touch!

8 comments:

  1. Penny - what a delightful gift hidden in the phone! I can relate to the tiny numbers ... me thinks an "aging eyes" version of all things techno are needed. Something that lets us increase the size of the text so we can actually see what we are dialing/answering. How about bigger buttons too! I struggle with the touch screen of my phone and long for the days when I could grope for my phone and dial without looking - just by the feel of the numberpad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best present yet!
    Lovely angles and a little angel!
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our cell phone is 8 years old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, require a phone that makes calls. And texts.

    And takes photos.

    The picture makes me smile. :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Un-posed photos often come out best don't they? and this one proves the point. I like your take on the angles. You obviously have an abstract mind (smile). I have a simple phone too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me, the best sort of prezzies are the unexpected ones Pen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in awe of the son's mobile but don't want one as I'd have to be much cleverer to work it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perhaps you ought to reconsider - and keep us informed.

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...