Friday, 16 September 2011

Walkies!

Sometimes things take a while to come together. Last Friday, over at Imaginary Garden, Laurie issued a challenge.. In one minute, write a poem with a maximum of eight lines and include the word "Allegro". I guess this got programmed into my Jinksy computerbrain, for today, exactly one week later, I did it! And now, I'm making a meal of it and turning it into a Napple Notes post medly. Enjoy!

and now for my poem:-

"Allegro non troppo "
I say to the dog
who gambols before me
and turns 'walk' to 'slog'.
We route march the pavements
before yomping home -
I wish the darn dog
would go walkies alone.

13 comments:

  1. better late than never... LOL! nice one anyway!

    Have a great weekend ahead!

    JJRod'z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allegro non troppo.

    :-)

    This musician found that wonderful.

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  3. The darn dog needs space to gambol and play,
    So off to the park for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rufus made me almost jump out of my skin. A quick volume adjust soon followed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the grins this morning and always better late than never!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. He would , if he could scoop as well as poop .

    ReplyDelete
  7. S & S - you can tell I don't have a dog - I'd never have thought of such things as pooper-scoopers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super! I'm still smiling...I want a dog but the pooper scoopers put me off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How they slaver
    like Rod Laver
    at the net.

    Dogs!
    Such supreme
    evidencers
    of all things 'pet'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Yes! I see from your many blogs that you've been quite busy. Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I once had a dog named Poco à poco
    Because its dimensions were little by little;
    The neighbors all thought its owner was loco,
    Which I helped along by drooling my spittle;
    Some afternoons I'd sit nude in the garden
    And watch the tomatoes to see how fast they grow;
    When neighbors came out they'd say, "Oh! Beg your pardon!"
    And ask God to make my tomatoes allegro.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful! Oh how I wish my doggies could walk themselves sometimes too-especially in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that this just sat in your brain for a week, then voila, there it was!

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...