Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Feathered Friends

As soon as I saw this week's picture over at Magpie Tales, my attention was caught by that dejected looking black bird of indiscriminate species.  It made me think immediately of one of my favourite songs - no, not the twenty four in Sing A Song Of Sixpence, but the single insomniac one made famous by the Beatles. It had to have been an insomniac, else why was it singing in the dead of night? Anyhow, I'm glad it did, as this was the result.

This version is rather long winded, but if you move the tracker along manually, you can still arrive at the bird singing its heart out at the end, without feeling like the needle must have got stuck in a record groove along the way...

(I rather liked the choir singing the nursery rhyme, so I added a link for that, too.)

20 comments:

  1. Why does no-one ever sing the third verse of Sing a song of sixpence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Blackbird singing in the dead of night....' I've always SO LOVED this song, once playing it myself. Favourite Beatles tune, I think. Good reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Beatles' Blackbird. One of my very favorite songs...

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. Please let Catfish Tales know that he/she's spelled "favorite" wrong.

    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no! Favourite is fine for Brits like Napple and Jinksy, Pearl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good song Jinksy--and as a yank I can just say fav and get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always a wonderful song... gotta love that blackbird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, Love it, Love it ...course I do. Is it dedicated to me? LOL as you would say ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AND Sing a Song of Sixpence was glorious! Thanks Pen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Which bit do you want dedicated to you, Ann? Consider it done, anyway - LOL included!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pen, you are getting SO clever with all the things you can do on the computer - you put me to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  12. In spring, the insomniac blackbird sings late in the evening and very early in the morning; is that your fault?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Penny! Miles Davis and his rendition of 'Bye Bye Blackbird' ... my all time favorite black bird song!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Helen- it the Beatles music I love, more than any blackbird!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for that, this is one of my favourite Beatles tracks
    martine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for this gem! I love blackbirds, I even made a lame attempt at a poem mentioning an Amsel. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. cool how you tied up with the beatles

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice blog Pen. I enjoyed both of those musical numbers. Have never heard the Beatles sing that song before. Blackbirds are great the way they sing - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  19. I so love that song...
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Beatles and this song ♥

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...