Friday, 28 January 2011

Late Again!

January the twenty eighth is/was* my sister-in-law's birthday. By some quirk of my stupid mind, even as I started to type this I wrote 'February', and part of me can't get out of this habit of picking the wrong month. I am full of remorse, and in a little while, I will telephone her in far off New Zealand to grovel, grovel. But I have been thinking about her all day today, and have been looking through my brother's photos that he took of her, way back when the world was young.

I think I have found the most beautiful.  So as a tribute to her for her birthday, and to my brother for his life long skill behind a camera, here she is.

With love and best wishes for another year SIL, from forgetful me...

* Explanation for Friko - 28th  it IS her birthday today in England, but WAS her birthday yesterday in New Zealand!!

16 comments:

  1. A lovely photo of a beautiful sister-in-law! Surely you'll be forgiven for your minor lapse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever been there to visit her?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful photo of a beautiful woman. Birthday Wishes to her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful girl - she has fine bone structure so I am sure she is a still a beauty now. Glad someone else gets the wrong month - put it down to having such a full mind that there is no room for trivia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No need to apologise, Pen. You make my birthday last longer. Thank you for the lovely post and the loving, good wishes you send me. x

    P.S. I seem to remember that you put my hair up for me that day and put the flowers in.
    Do you know, I'd rather be the old woman I am now, looking back on my life, than the anxious young woman I was then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely photo . Your affection for her shines through and she'll forgive you for being a day too late for New Zealand .

    ReplyDelete
  7. What do you mean is/was; a howler, Jinksy, she IS alive.
    Don't let her read this post.

    Lovely girl, but then, weren't we all, in those far distant days. Ah, shame.
    Innit. I can hardly recognise the old hag looking at me out of the mirror these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Friko - she's already read this post, and commented... AND I've spoken to her on the phone, just as I said I would...So no howler, only a time difference on the other side of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Jinksy, us oldies need to have things explained; our grey cells are not as nimble as they once were.

    So Mutti is your SIL; she very kindly explained the origins of the name for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing beauty. I'm sure she still is. Beauty like that doesn't just disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so pretty. Happy Birthday to your sis-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I get birthdays wrong too - or posting dates - or ages . . . ;-/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww. That's wonderful and very Audry Hepburn-like. How nice!

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...