Sunday, 30 January 2011

Monkey Business

Mister Monkey had used a new shampoo which promised strong, silky soft hair. But unfortunately, he dropped the bottle in his bath water, with disastrous results.






How could anyone resist being charmed by this picture, as they surf the Blogland wastes on a Sunday morning?  It appeared, appropriately enough, on the blog of Monkey Man, who challenges us to write exactly 160 characters  for our homework today. Being someone who cannot resist a challenge, I couldn't wait to have a go. Much to my surprise, by using this gadget, my first two sentences came to exactly one hundred and sixty, after a minimal amount of editing. Why not have a go yourself?

12 comments:

  1. hehe...too funny...it is long and silky looking...smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. if it helps hair grow i'll take a bottle. my kids are providing me with a play-by-play on surface conditions on my scalp!!! steven

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's one very soft and silky monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of my silly little photo. That simian sits in our living room on my daughter's old rocker. What you can't see is his Santa hat. Thanks for playing the Sunday 160. loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, at least we know the shampoo works. :)

    Great 160!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a hard enough time trying to make my photos fit certain parameters. If I had to do that with words too I'd probably go insane. Wait a minute, this works!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If only there were a shampoo that worked such wonders. Poor monkey, though - he looks rather shocked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a monkey who looks similar to that one, but mine has a Santa hat *laughing* :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jinksy, good one! I've recently joined this meme, and it's a fun way to post on a Sunday when I don't usually have much time away from family. And I wanted to say thanks for your thoughts on Traveling Home Draft 2. And please don't say you're a nobody! Being new on the block doesn't negate your worth! Hope that InEx keeps rolling...

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahaha...awesome! But the shampoo sure LIVED UP TO its the expectations (and beyond)

    This was super cute and creative, Jinksy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...