Thursday, 26 February 2009

Blame Wordsworth, Really

Although yesterday, it was the art gallery at the side of Poet-in-Residence's blog that wouldn't leave my mind. A beautiful, uncluttered picture with the caption 'I wandered lonely as a cloud'...I'd noticed it the day before, and it has been sitting in the forefront of my mind ever since. So to Blogger and Bard alike, sorry for pinching your words...

I wandered lonely as a cloud
until I met a Blogland crowd
of artists, writers, happy snappers
who capture life without its wrappers.

Their thoughts fly freely to the pages;
let loose love, or pent up rages
at every one of life's conditions.
They only ask for recognition

that their blogs have been digested
as reward for time invested.
No gold or silver do they seek -
just readers for another week.

Though many like to give awards,
upon this subject I cross swords;
prefer an email to say 'Praise be!'
to all whose many skills amaze me.

So, as I travel Blogland's roads,
I thank you all, I love you loads;
and if you wonder who they be -
that secret's just twixt them and me!

19 comments:

  1. You're amazing; these poems simply roll off you as if there were nothing to mit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so right. Thank you for it, and for your comments just now.... Very kind of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a joyful poem and so true!
    Blogland is so much like Never-never-land, anything is possible and we can fly with the net to places we never even dreamed of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful poem. It must be nice to be able to write poetry. Something I have tried, but never could seem to do. Right at the moment it is raining here. Makes for a drab, dreary day. A good day for taking a nap, but if I do that, then tonight when it's time to sleep, it will take forever to do so. Guess I will hold my eyes open as long as possible, Granddaughter will be coming home in about 35 mins, so that will wake me up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's just wonderful, Jinsky. Praise be, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful jinksy!!
    and you are my sister....I just wrote in my poetry and quote journal the other day, one sentence....I wandered lonely as a cloud...from Wordsworth!!!!
    What are the odds LOL
    xxm

    ReplyDelete
  7. And your readership and comments have delighted me but not as much as your poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this so much!! You are one skilled woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love blogland. I hope that this old computer holds up so I can make more lovely friends this time around. I enjoyed this post too. *s*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Friend.. Nice to visit your blog.. Good and interesting stuffs.. Keep up the good work.. Do find time to visit my blog and post your comments.. Take care mate.. Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would take me all week to come up with something like that. It's a great poem.

    I like the 'recognition' line. We all strive to have a list of followers as long as your arm don't we? - really?

    ReplyDelete
  12. that their blogs have been digested
    as reward for time invested.
    No gold or silver do they seek -
    just readers for another week.


    loved this
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  13. You said it well, as you are so prone to do!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh darn it Jinksy, pretty soon I will need a separate Jinksy blog of my own so that I can put the posts of yours that I love and want everyone to read! This gave me chills. I agree so much that the dialogue behind the scenes, peri-comments, are what really gives me the satisfaction I feel in blogging. I'm feeling inspired again!

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...