Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Waiting

Obviously, the surveyor's idea of 'first thing' is not mine. Approaching 10pm and all is quiet on the western front, as the saying goes. I shall therefore prance off into the realms of fantasy and leave you with a different subject upon which you may like to dream along.

Fairies

Fairies, fragile winged, fast flying,
brilliantly outshine the lights
reflected by the sparkling dewdrops
left on blossoms overnight.

Pollen laden stamens glisten,
surrounded by the glowing gems
of velvet flower's scented mantles
swirling crenulated hems.

Gladly bees collect this treasure,
toiling morning until night,
but fairies, far too busy playing,
gambol to their heart's delight.

If you listen, still and silent,
you may hear their tinkling tones,
see the showers of golden sun-motes
as fairies frolic whilst bees drone.

11 comments:

  1. Gladly bees collect this treasure,
    toiling morning until night,
    but fairies, far too busy playing,
    gambol to their heart's delight.

    again out standing one
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite an achievement to be up to your shoulders in poo and still be thinking of fairies ;-)
    The only thing I can hear now is the soft tinkling of raindrops in the gutters. No fairie to bee (ha, see what I did there) seen (unless the bathroominstaller ...... but no..don't think so). Be strong my dear, you will be saved eventually. Lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jinksy, that poem was more than beautiful - Do you ever think to send them into magazines or newspapers for publishing - That was just so wonderfully written and as light as a faery's wing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! I LOVE LOVE LOVE fairies! This is a wonderful poem I love it! I'm going to read it to my girls--who are all magical fairies! No really they are, just ask them!

    (YAY! I can finally post! I've been having the hardest time pulling up your blog. I don't think blogspot likes me.. grr.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shall have fairie dust on my monitor all day now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post full of love and off with the fairies ------ Could'nt let Pass the Pipes full of Poo too, which cracked my ribs with laughter, hope it didnt crack said Poo Pipes too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh! Lovely! My mind's eye is now full of "crenulated hems" and "showers of golden sun-motes." The sun-motes are what I especially need around here today. We had heavy rain in the wee hours of the morning and the skies are still covered in moisture-laden clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We could do with a bit of fairy frolicking around here at the moment Jinksy - still deep in snow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great juxtaposition of reality and fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great poem but then I love any poem with a fairy in it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey friend
    check out something on wait, would love to know your opinion on it
    http://avinash-theparaiah.blogspot.com/

    Regards

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...