Thursday, 30 April 2009

Happy Birthday

...To my youngest granddaughter, who achieves the grand old age of SIX today! But she won't be reading this - far too busy playing with her sister and cousins, once school has finished for the day! But I know I've hung out the flags in Blogland, even if she doesn't, so that's ok. I gave her money so that she could go shopping for something she really takes a shine to when Mum lets her loose in the toy shop - or clothes shop - or accessories shop; I shall look forward to hearing all about it later!

When the girls were here the other weekend, she had pleaded for more of the cut out paper dolls I'd made for her before, but managed to ask only when it was nearly time to leave (delaying tactics, perhaps?) So I knew exactly what to make on her birthday card - paper dollies to dance all around (minus twinkling lights) - plus a row of little love hearts. I left the dollies white, so she'll be able to jazz them up to her heart's content. Hope she likes them...

Here I'm giving up for today, as either Blogger, my computer, the keyboard or the Internet has produced an extremely annoying hiccup. I'm happily typing away, and when I look at the screen, the cursor is static and the last string of words is non existent - and no, it's not my caps lock. I'm retreating to a darkened room to tear some hair out, and hope it's all back to normal tomorrow - the computer, and the hair, should I manage to actually get hold of any! Or find any to get hold of, do I mean? It is getting sparse, just like the number of words I can type before the screen seizes up yet again. I'm off...in disgust...

16 comments:

  1. Ugh. I hope your computer woes resolve shortly. Happy birthday to the wee one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it horrible to be typing along and then look up to see that the last paragraph, full of some of your wittiest bon mots ever, never appeared? By the way, any hair you tear out? Please send it parcel post to me in the US. I can use whatever you're not using.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate technical difficulties!!!! But Suldog has made me laugh, once again...hope your computer glitch disappears instead of your lovely hair, Jinksy! ~Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would have love to have seen the card Jinksy. I make my own cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To err is human, to really foul things up requires a computer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha Jinksy! Poor you. You can have some of my hair to tear out, I've plenty to spare! How annoying computers can be, but how we love them too. Hope it mends by morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I forgot to say happy birtdhay to the little one and I'm sure she loved her cut outs. What a fun idea.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your granddaughter! She is the same age as my daughter who was very excited to hear about her birthday when I read it to her. (She likes birthdays...seems all kids like birthdays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Computer freezing up? I get that quite often; actually I think the memory in these boxes doesn't allow for all the programs we meet in blogland. They can't download all the pictures, all the gadgets. I was told to get more memory.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jinksy, please don't tear your lovely, angelic hair! My biggest frustrations from returning to work have all been computer-related - I am sure you can imagine! Keep calm and carry on, la Jinks! Nil carborundum illegitimii, as one of the latin phrases goes... Bonne chance, ma chere!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to the girl!

    Don't you wish there was some sort of cyber metamucil you could give your computer sometimes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to your little angel! I am sure she liked the dollies you made for her. :)
    I hope your computer is back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do wish we could see some pictures of the paper dollies! And as far as computer stuff, I STILL haven't figured out why I can't comment on your blog unless I'm on this old laptop!

    Happy Birthday to your little darling! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jewels & Mimi - if you email me your addresses, I'll send you each a 'dolly'card!

    Thanks to all for extra birthday greetings, and computer glitch commiserations...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday to the dear one; and by the way, she has the same birthday as mui.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so wonderful that what she wanted from you was cut out dolls. Those precious gifts aren't ones from stores.

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...