Tuesday, 7 April 2009

Lunch Break

I've been out to lunch today, and it's turned into a bit of a marathon trek, as we then spent the best part of the afternoon pootling round the Sussex countryside. May write about it tomorrow, but will now simply leave you with a poem for the kiddywinks...

Easter Present

Mum talked on the telephone
to Auntie, yesterday.
'So, you're bringing us a present.'
I heard my Mummy say.

Now Easter Eggs are in the shops,
Aunt might bring one for me -
all choc'latey and wrapped in foil.
I can't wait till I see!

P'r'aps Auntie will bring with her
and Easter Rabbit treat,
up-standing on his chocolate legs,
just begging me to eat.

But wait - there's Auntie at the door -
and now she's in the hall
I can tell her Easter present
isn't chocolate at all!

She's brought a real live rabbit
inside a little hutch...
'Thank you, thank you Auntie!
Thank you very, very much!'

14 comments:

  1. She'll please the kids; and irritate the parents. No! We all like bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those choccie bunnies do beg to be eaten, don't they? I love your whimsical poem! So very appropos.

    RYC on my blog, I can't imagine why my email address does not show up! I always have to enter it in order to comment on Blogger blogs ... but at any rate, you can always email me via a link in my sidebar. Thanks again for your kindness. I love napple notes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww... Buns are always sweet, even when the buns aren't chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rabbit looks oh, so cute
    And calling it a hunch
    If Auntie's boiling up a pot
    We're having it for lunch

    thanks for my putty award Jinksy, worn with pride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly what does pootling round the countryside mean and how is it accomplished?

    While I'm at it, what are napples? Perhaps I shouldn't ask.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute, never got any live bunnies, but did get some live chicks that were colored. And believe it or not, mine lived, my sisters and brothers all died. And what did my parents do, while I was visiting my Grandmother, they killed it and ate it. Mom said it was so tough, it was a rooster. I thought good, I'm glad he didn't taste good to them, but then she might have just told me that. I was around 8 years old at the time. Hope you get some chocolate goodies for your Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd go for the chocolate one over the real one, any day. Oh, and Jinksy, remember the old pretty foil? Now it's all Spongebob and Spiderman. humph.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It reminds me of the bunny I got for Easter one year. Yes it was a live white one and We named him Peter. He lived quite a few years in his large pen outside. He was a much loved bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved "pootling round the Sussex countryside." I relish the thought of leisurely spending some time in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Jinksy, too long have I been absent! So many lovely blogs to read. Sighs. My son had 2 real bunnies but one used to beat the other one up! I love the chocolate bunnies. I love chocolate. Any chocolate. I have one Easter Egg left. I did share with Jim though!

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...