Monday, 27 April 2009

Wet, Wet, Wet!

Apologies to the group of the same name, but these are simply the only words that may be used as a title today. The window was beaded with rain when I woke up, and despite my waiting for clear skies and inspiration, neither were forthcoming. I wondered how I could capture in words the tramlines of rain that streaked the glass at regular intervals, as smaller drops clubbed together to give themselves momentum, while smaller 'passengers' stood aside patiently watching their larger companions rush to the bottom of the window.


Tip
- tuppa - tat - PLOP
Gentle raindrop percussion,
a wet day tattoo


Here my train of thought was totally wrecked, as my 'phone rang. A friend of mine was nearby, and wondered if I was 'at home'. She's over here for a few days - from Cyprus, no less - and rather than reply to my last letter, she decided to call in person! What a lovely surprise! But it does mean blogging will now come to a grinding halt for the day.
Now my unexpected visitor has left, my grocery shopping has been delivered and I need to unpack the bags and restore order to my kitchen, so see you all tomorrow, Bloglanders...

22 comments:

  1. Im forever having my train of thought crashed headlong so I sympathise!
    Hope you enjoy your visitor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I LOVE the onomatopoeia! This is a brilliant gem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a beaut of a thunderstorm yesterday. It sounded like a rockband in the sky.

    I love the word onomatopeoia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy! I miss the casual day of my children's childhoods and friends dropping by! People are far too polite now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many more haikus to you. Loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice of a friend to call, enjoy your time together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great little glimpse into your day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a nice visit with your friend. You mean you can order groceries and they are delivered to you? How nice that would be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had one of those odd early-hot days. It went up to 30°C.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had a wonderful day -- I love the rain poem!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have you ever heard the song "Kathy's Song" by Simon and Garfunkel? Your post made me think of it.

    http://www.lyrics.com/index.php/artists/lyric/simon-garfunkel-p-5431-lyrics-kathys-song-t-2043369

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look what happened when you talked about the rain. Everyone is listening, drawn in your circle, tapping fingers with yours, getting soaked by your words.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rain rain! Send it here!
    The inland cheers when clouds appear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lakeviewer - your comment is as poetic as my haiku.

    Jewels - Rock on, it seems...

    Sniffles and Smiles - onomatopoeia for ever, as long as you can spell it...

    Jay - Does this mean you go off the rails?

    ReplyDelete
  15. NB. All the others have an email answer winging behind the scenes ...feel free to join them by emailing me first...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not the man, but the lady from Porlock! Enjoy your time with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great way to cheer up a wet Monday Jinksy. We were all wet, wet, wet here both with rain and in spirirts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jinksy, huge congrats. You are a post of the day with David of Authorblog. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rain music.

    Did you get my email about the haiku bloggy festival? I will have to practise a bit first - haven't attempted to write in that format before. It should, I believe, consist of three sentences, each containing five, seven, and five syllables?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dave King - I need an explanation, please...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love those kinds of surprises. Blogging can wait.. enjoy your friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh her terrific. I have nobody to drop in here, it's too far removed from anywhere! What a chat you must have!

    ReplyDelete

Curiosity Cats can leave a whisker here...but not before noting, please, that I choose to have an award free, tag free, meme free blog. But by all means, talk to me by email - I love to 'chat'...